Purpose of the Land Ethics Award
The Land Ethics Award honors and recognizes the creative use of native plants in the landscape, sustainable and regenerative design, and ethical land management and construction practices.
The Land Ethics Award recipient was selected by a jury of professionals in the field of design, preservation, and conservation; it was presented at the Land Ethics Symposium on March 15, 2018, to the Wilma Quinlan Nature Preserve Committee of New Britain Borough. Awards of Merit were presented to GreenVest, LLC, and Princeton Hydro, LLC, and Pennypack Ecological Restoration Trust.
Primary consideration was given for exceptional:
- Use of plants native to the region where the project is located
- Sustainable and regenerative design
- Use of best management practices
Submissions were also be evaluated for:
- Creativity in problem-solving
- Habitat creation and connection to other green space
- Plant Stewardship Index score
- Educational and Interpretive Opportunities