Give a Gift: Annual Fund
Dear Friends of the Preserve,
Our Native Plant Nursery is officially open for the season, realizing the Preserve’s mission to educate and inspire our community on the power of native plants. This year, our amazing Preserve community supported the Nursery’s season opening with record attendance and over 7,800 plants sold in just 4 days!
Our Nursery ambassadors welcomed visitors with native plant expertise and insight for their unique landscape needs. We also unveiled the first of several enhancements, including a new sales floor layout, a new permanent checkout and information "house" and a new fleet of wagons to carry shoppers’ plentiful selections.
The Preserve is inspiring conservation action in other meaningful ways, too.
- We unveiled new educational signage in our Visitor Center Garden, Moss Garden and (coming soon) New Pond.
- We planted 45 new species (510 native plants) on the Medicinal Trail and will be unveiling new educational signage with a ribbon-cutting ceremony this summer.
- We awarded 7 community Plant Grants last year (532 native plants) to community nonprofits with a focus to expand this important program across 2023.
- We offered complimentary admission for all on Earth Day and Native Plant Species Day (also coming soon on Thursday, May 18).
- Our second annual Preserve @ Play family event will be held on Saturday, June 10, and will feature child-friendly exploration, woodland crafts, live music and an interactive animal experience. Families with children 14 years and under will enjoy free admission all day.
I write to you today because you already know how special the Preserve is: with over 100 acres enclosed by deer fencing, the Preserve houses a brilliant, all-too-rare forest understory with the power of native plants at work creating a balanced, thriving ecosystem.
You can help! Please support our programs and conservation work with a gift to the Preserve's Annual Fund that will enable us to offer diverse programming, thought-provoking education and a magnificent destination that welcomes all.
Simply put, the Preserve needs you. Together, we will inspire conservation action!
With gratitude and friendship,
About your privacy: Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve is committed to protecting your privacy and will never sell your name, address or other information to anyone.
Annual Fund gifts are tax deductible. Please consult with your tax advisor. A copy of the official registration and financial information for BHWP may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling the Bureau of Charitable Organizations at 1.800.732.0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.