Give a Gift
Native plant communities form the basis for a wonderful diversity of life. From the tiny flies and beetles that pollinate skunk cabbage in early spring, to the wide variety of birds that depend upon the Preserve’s healthy ecosystem, our native plants are the underlying support system that makes so much life possible.
In the same way that our native plants support a rich abundance of life, your support of the Preserve’s Annual Fund sustains our educational programs, our blossoming Native Plant Nursery, and ensures the growth of our amazing living collection. Your gift to the Annual Fund serves as the brilliant warm sun to nourish our educational offerings like the Children’s Reading Program, and the life giving rain to support over 700 species of native plants on our grounds. Simply put, your generous gift to this special place is the wellspring from which our inspiring mission flows.
This is your Preserve, vibrant and relevant because of your thoughtful stewardship, and your gift to the Preserve’s Annual Fund is more important than ever. Together we can inspire action and change behavior in pursuit of a healthy and diverse natural world.
Thank you for your involvement and generosity!
Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve By The Numbers
- The One and Only: BHWP is currently the only accredited museum with a collection exclusively comprised of native plants. There are 62 botanical gardens in the US that are accredited as museums but BHWP is the sole native plant preserve!
- Over 700 species of wildflowers, trees, vines, ferns and shrubs indigenous to Pennsylvania and the Delaware Valley are under the Preserve’s stewardship. The Preserve is a living museum and holds rare and valuable species in the public trust as a permanent museum collection.
- For 85 years the Preserve has been an educational resource for the public to learn from and enjoy
- 1,700 member households
- 30,000 visitors annually
- Over 12,000 volunteer hours in 2018
- 33 identified species of butterflies
- 164 identified species of birds
- 20 + pocket meadow habitats currently established or pending off-site at local schools and public spaces
- 134 acres under our care
- 19 named trails
- 4.5 miles of trails
Thank you for supporting the Preserve. Please enter your gift amount and your name as you would like it to appear on our donor recognition board in the Visitor Center (gifts of $100 or more).
About your privacy: Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve is committed to protecting your privacy and will never sell your name, address or other information to anyone.
Annual Fund gifts are tax deductible. Please consult with your tax advisor. A copy of the official registration and financial information for BHWP may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling the Bureau of Charitable Organizations at 1.800.732.0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.