People of the Preserve
Full Time Coordinator of Adult and Professional Programming
Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve is located in the Delaware Watershed near historic New Hope, PA and features nearly 700 species of native wildflowers, trees and shrubs that support a wealth of birds, butterflies and other wildlife. Five miles of trails that wind through woodlands and meadow, along two ponds and Pidcock Creek afford a unique opportunity to learn about a diversity of native plant communities.
The Preserve is searching for a full time Coordinator of Adult and Professional Programming to actively interpret the Preserve and advance its mission to inspire the appreciation and use of native plants by serving as a sanctuary and an educational resource for conservation and stewardship.
• Professional Educational program development and planning, coordinating lectures, and professional symposia including the Land Ethics Symposium and the Native Plants in the Landscape Conference
• Development of a professional certificate program targeting the green industry in support of sustainable native landscape stewardship to ensure healthy wildlife habitats and high water quality
• Develop interpretation of the on-site native plant collection in cooperation with the Interpretive and Public Programs Coordinator
• Conduct outreach and foster educational partnerships in support of the mission
• Design and present native plant-based programs, facilitate workshops, and lead tours as needed
• In depth knowledge of mid-Atlantic regional native flora and ecology
• B.S. or M.S. degree in natural sciences with plant-related focus or equivalent education/experience
• Proven success with educational program planning, development and delivery
• Ability to create and monitor all related budgets and accounts
• Excellent communication skills including writing, public speaking and social media
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including at least one regular weekend day
The position offers a generous benefit package including healthcare and 401k. If you are creative, energetic, and a self-starter with the ability to work effectively with a diverse team of staff, trustees, interns and volunteers, please send cover letter, references, and resume to:
Miles Arnott, Executive Director
ATTN: Education Coordinator
Application deadline: Friday, June 28, 2019
Summer Internship Opportunities
SUMMER 2019 All internships have been filled.