Stone Arch Bridge
The Pidcock Creek Bridge serves as the only access to Preserve property on either side of the creek. This classic, triple arch stone bridge was built in 1933. The work was overseen by the Pennsylvania Department of Forests and Waters and the Washington Crossing Park Commission, with the assistance of workers from two federal programs: the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) and the Works Progress Administration (WPA). The bridge, which offers a magnificent view of the creek, is one of the most beautiful and most often photographed bridges in Bucks County. Nearby, sweet and pinxterbloom azaleas (Rhododendron calendulaceum, R. periclymenoides) bloom in late spring and fill the air with their fragrance.